- Do you suffer from bleeding gums when you brush your teeth?
- Do you have bad breath but are to embarrassed to seek advice?
- Have you got wobbly teeth and are scared of losing your teeth?
- Have your gums started to shrink and have made you look long in the tooth?
Yes? We can help. Gum disease is one of the most common reasons for tooth loss in the UK, and it all begins with the build up of plaque. This plaque then forms tartar or calculus, which groups where the tooth meets the gum. Gum Disease can vary from mild Gingivitis i.e. redness, swelling and maybe bleeding on brushing, to advanced Periodontal Disease which is where almost all the bone is eaten away round the teeth due to years of neglect.
The preventative treatment and removal of this plaque can only be done by a dentist. Although this outcome may seem simple to avoid, the symptoms are often overlooked by the patient as they are pain free in the first instance. Treating the disease in its early stages is of key importance, as the disease will slowly begin to attack the bone and tissue that support the teeth, which can result in tooth loss.
We would highly advise anyone with the following symptoms to book an appointment with us:
- Red puffy or swollen gums
- Bleed easily on brushing/flossing
- Sensitive, painful teeth due to gums that have receded or pulled away exposing sensitive root surface
- Persistent bad breath or bad taste
- Adult teeth that are mobile or have moved with gaps pulling away
Our team are highly qualified with years of experience in their respective fields and will always strive to save your teeth before looking at alternative options. This being said, undiagnosed or untreated Gum Disease in susceptible patients will inevitably result in loss of teeth, so if you are conscious that you may have gum disease of some form please don’t hesitate in booking an appointment.
Please fill in the form below to access more information on the treatment. This helpful PDF will be emailed directly to your inbox.