Aftercare Following A Sinus Lift
You will always be given verbal and written aftercare instructions when you have surgery at Pure Dental Health, however, should you forget what you’ve been told or lose your written instructions you can check that you’re doing all that you can to ensure a speedy and comfortable recovery by following the advice below.
- If you have had a sinus-lift procedure or implants placed in the upper back section of your jaw please clean very gently and rinse with the medicated mouthwash provided.
- Do not use a Waterpik/Air flosser, play with the area with your tongue, or eat hard or crusty foods.
Other Points to Note
- Avoid flying for 2 weeks after your surgery.
- Avoid blowing your nose for 2 weeks after your surgery – this will help prevent infection.
- Sneeze through your mouth and not your nose.
- Avoid Strenuous Exercise for 2 weeks after the surgery (running/ gym).