Same Day Teeth Implant Post-Operative Advice
You will always be given verbal and written aftercare instructions when you have Same Day Teeth Implants at Pure Dental Health, however, should you forget what you’ve been told or lose your written instructions you can check that you’re doing all that you can to ensure a speedy and comfortable recovery by following the advice below.
- Take any painkillers and antibiotics that have been advised by your dentist as required.
- DO NOT RINSE for several hours as this can disturb initial healing.
- After this, rinse your mouth with Blue M mouthwash as recommended by your dentist.
- Avoid smoking, exercise or operation of machinery for the next week.
- Try to stick to fluids only for the rest of the day and then follow a soft diet for the next 3 months. Do not drink anything alcoholic for the first week following surgery.
- You may experience some swelling or discomfort for the first few days after the procedure. As the swelling goes down you may have some bruising to the face and neck. This is normal.
- Contact the practice if any pain persists or worsens, if swelling persists or worsens or if the bleeding persists.
- Do not try to ‘scrub’ your new teeth. Gently bathe your mouth with the mouthwash. Our hygienist will demonstrate the cleaning needed at your review appointment.
- Sleep with an extra pillow to lift your head for the first 2/3 nights and cover your pillow with an old towel.
- Ice packs can be held over the area for 20/30 minutes to reduce swelling.